Benefits of Group Art Therapy for Kids
Kids Art Studio Group
Who is this for:
- An Art Therapy group for children aged roughly between 8-12 with disability or social needs.
- For children who enjoy using art and sensory art materials
- For social & emotional regulation capacity building.
- Focus is given to self-directed art making for self-expression, building social confidence, relationship skills and positive self esteem.
- Lead Registered Art Therapist: Alana of Finding Wellbeing Art Therapy & Counselling (NDIS Registered Provider: Therapy Supports). Alana is passionate about arts role in children's development and emotional learning. She has a degree in Psychology and Masters in Art Therapy. She has been working in community service/disability field for since 2012 and comes from a neurodivergent family.
- Co-facilitator Art Therapist, Laura is a Registered Art Therapist who has worked with Alana in this group since it started early 2022. She is warm, bubbly and great at making others feel welcome and supported to use their voice. She has earned a bachelor degree and 4th year graduate diploma in Psychology and Masters of Art Therapy. She is experienced in the disability field through support work roles and recently completed her final year 500 hour student Art Therapist placement at a primary school for children with disabilities.
- Group size limited to 5 to best support children who have disability and mental health needs.
- Located in an Art Therapy studio with lots of paints, pastels, pens, crafts, slime, play dough and more.
- All materials provided.
- Please dress children in clothes suitable for messy play.
Time: 4:15pm - 5:45pm (1.5 hour group)
7 week terms
Terms for 2023:
Term 1: March 6th - April 17th
Term 2: May 8th - June 19th (To Be Confirmed)
Term 3: July 24th - September 4th (TBC)
Term 4: October 16th - November 27th (TBC)
Signing up to a term requires a commitment to pay for all 7 sessions and once off 30 min intake assessment for new children. NDIS will fund all sessions, assessments, reports and cancellation fees. Privately paying clients accepted.
How to book:
- Book a free 15 minute meet and greet to ask any questions!
- Intake assessments as 30 minute consultation required prior to full enrolment
(press button below to open email link)